Increasing professional qualifications in the field of medical English and developing interpersonal skills of doctors in the Opole province
Aim of the project
The aim of the project is to increase professional qualifications in the field of medical English and develop the interpersonal skills of doctors in the Opole province.
The project is aimed at 80 doctors living and working in the Opole province who, on their own initiative, want to improve their professional qualifications.
Conditions of participating in the project are specified in the regulations.
Recruitment of participants takes place between 3 November 2008 and 17 November 2008, and can be carried out using one of the following methods:
- filling in the electronic form.
- downloading the form in Word format and sending the completed form by fax to 077 44 17 221, by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the Project Office address
- filling in the form in Word format and handing it in, in person, to the Project Office.
Enrolment of participants will be carried out on a first come first served basis.
Opening hours: 10.00-18.00
OPOLE, ul. Damrota 10, Fith floor,
Tel / fax: 077 44 17 221,
After completing the entire medical English training course, participants will take a final test. Those who achieve a score of 80% or higher will receive individual certificates of completion.
Organization of training
The organizer of the training is the Bizneslingua Language Centre in Opole – www.bizneslingua.pl Location of training: Opole, ul. Damrota 10, Fith floor.
The form and scope of training
The training course consists of thematic sessions, related to different issues associated with the language of medicine. The course is not rigid and will be tailored to the participants’ language needs. The training will be delivered by Polish and foreign teachers with high professional qualifications and with gained experience at home and abroad. The training course will cover:
- Training in General English
- Training in medical terminology, i.e. morphology specialist terminology, the basic vocabulary of anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Improving the skills of efficient reading of the professional press (working on parallel texts, translation) and communication in situations related to professional life (language simulation).
The course provides 120 hours of language learning, and will be delivered in 8 groups of 10 people.
In addition, training will be enriched by 6 hours of interpersonal communication workshops delivered in English. 6 hours of extra lessons will be offered in the form of workshops.
The schedule will be provided when the recruitment process is complete.
The cost of training
Participation in language training is completely FREE of charge.
Training is fully funded via the European Social Fund and National Funds under the Human Capital Operational Programme, Sub activity Section 8.1 Development of employees and companies in the region, Sub-measure Section 8.1.1. Supporting the development of professional skills and consultancy for companies.